domingo, 19 de septiembre de 2010

Get off my psychic lawn!

Today, fourteen months after breaking up with my ex, and beginning a dork age of almost uninterrupted angst, I have obtained the answer.

I was scared. Of dying alone and loveless.

When you're fifteen, relationships are pretty much a game, of popularity and playfulness. When you're twenty, they become more serious, but nobody'll look at you funny for not having a girlfriend. When you're twenty-five and your close-age friends invite you to their weddings, and in some cases, their children's birthday parties, well...



Screw you all. I've got a PS3.


It's a little-known fact that men are more affected psychologically after a break-up than women. That's because while girls open up more easily to their friends about their feelings, the guy will most probably have his girlfriend as the only close confident.

Add to that the fact that I recently moved into another city, leaving most of my friends there, and beginning from zero. It's only in the last months that I have started getting the motivation for going out again, joining a martial arts class, and taking my job more seriously.



No, really.

I have met a lot of people. No prospects for a relationship yet, but I'm getting there. In the event next Wednesday, I expect to see pretty much all of my new friends and acquitances reunited for my sake, so I'll be sure to ake a lot of pictures, to remind myself that in blackest night, in brightest day, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

No hay comentarios: