domingo, 26 de septiembre de 2010

Start Having Fun Guys

(TvTropers will recognize the title... those who don't know TvTropes, go there. It's a great site.)

Today I read the article aptly named "Stop Having Fun Guys". It's about the people who claim that playing videogames isn't supposed to be fun, but a serious matter that should be done only by the proper ways in order to be the best gamer that you can.



"Why the fuck are you smiling, Pac-Man? This is serious!"

There was a blog linked who supported this philosophy in such a jerkass and arrogant way that I shall not link it. Apparently, enjoying what you do isn't allowed, because it distracts you from doing worthwhile stuff. The memorable things, the important things, you cannot achieve this if you dare to have fun while you do them.

It was very interesting for me, after the week I had. Coordinating multiple events and taking a martial arts exam (the first one I took, which I passed), was stressful on many levels, and it tested me physically, mentally, and professionally. I gave it my all on the last week, and the results were some of the best events we've had in my work and a passing grade on my exam.



And a little tiredness.


Did I enjoyed it? FUCK YES.

You are allowed to not enjoy what you are doing. If you think having fun distracts you from the goal on mind, it's your choice to sacrifice it. Personally, I think that a person who thinks like that is a weak, sad, and boring individual, who will reach the end of its life questioning if it was worth it.

I might complain a lot about what I did last week, but I have no doubts: It was worth it, and I will do it again. Life is beautiful, and like the rain, ephimerous. Don't be afraid of getting a little wet.


1 comentario:

poetinahat dijo...

I enjoyed reading your post. But I still think it was worthwhile! :D

- poetinahat